[mythtv] win32 win32-packager.pl problems

J. Dale Gonzalez dale.gonzalez at gmail.com
Mon May 25 15:56:16 UTC 2009

I encountered a couple of errors using the win32-packager.pl script, all
recoverable but I thought I would list them here in case someone else needs
the help.

1) When installing MinGW, I didn't install the Fortran compiler.  I just
assumed no one would be using Fortran anymore.  Nevertheless, if you don't
select the G77 compiler when setting up MinGW, you can't continue.

2) The dowload location for MySQL-Essentials is no longer valid.  I changed
the perl script to pull it from here.
http://www.filehippo.com/download/file/58872ec568946b7ac8a4db2497b2581f20811777e902ddf8078f8ca6d9c11c7b/

3) The script complained that it couldn't find "\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL
Server 5.1\lib\opt\libmysql.lib".  This was because I hadn't selected a
complete install.  The default install doesn't include the development
libraries.  Re-running the MySQL installer and choosing to install
everything cleared up the problem.

4) The stdlib_h.patch file fails.  Apparently, MinGW has changed the
stdlib.h file just enough to make the patch fail.  They've put the function
name "strtod" on the line below the declaration instead of all on one line.
Edit c:\MinGW\include\stdlib.h.  Look for

__inline__ double __cdecl __MINGW_NOTHROW
strtod (const char* __restrict__ __nptr, char** __restrict__ __endptr)

(in my copy of the file it was at line 317).  Get rid of the carriage return
after MINGW_NOTHROW making those two lines into a single line.  This should
make the patch unecessary and allow the compile to continue.

After that, I was off and running.   I'm still in the middle of compiling so
there's no telling if I'll uncover something else but it's been going some
time now so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

J. Dale