[mythtv] Compile on Ubuntu 8.04

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Tue May 19 14:27:17 UTC 2009

2009/5/19 Andreas Fey <com at andreas-fey.com>:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I'm standing at the very beginning to contribute to MythTV: compiling the
> whole sources. I followed the wiki page [1] to set up the whole stuff, but
> everytime i do the ./configure call, I get the following (maybe trivial)
> error:
>
> "Qt4.4 or newer is required to build MythTV.

Welcome to mythtv, but this sort of question belongs on the users'
list rather than the developers'.

And when you go there you probably need to provide a bit more
information, like what qt packages you do have installed.

As a wild guess you might be missing the  qt-devel packages (at least
that was my mistake when I first tried to compile).

Good Luck