[mythtv] HD-PVR: Profiles

Michael Craven mcraven at zone4solutions.com
Thu May 7 23:30:08 UTC 2009

I edited the 'default' profile to change the audio decoding to AC3 from
AAC (which is the default) but the recordings were still being made with
AAC. I was able to make the recordings AC3 by 'v4l2-ctl
-device=/dev/video0 -set-ctrl=audio_encoding=4' but if I restart the
machine, the driver reverts back to the value of 3 for AAC.

Have I done something wrong in the setup so that the modified profile
isn't overriding the audio_encoding state in the HDPVR driver? Should a
bug report go in for this?

Thanx.