[mythtv] problem with eit-cache

Otto Kolsi otto at kolsi.fi
Mon May 4 18:10:37 UTC 2009

Janne Grunau wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 08:57:42PM +0200, Markus Schulz wrote:
>> I'm searching for a potential bug inside the eit-parser for the program
>> guide.

>> These two shows are running consecutively but the first has the _wrong_
>> title but correct description.
>
> I'm seeing this error too.

This is exactly what I've been seeing for some time now (months?).

What I noticed was that titles/descriptions got mixed when programs had
overlap. So the endtime of the first program could be e.g. 2sec - 45sec
later than the starttime of the second program. Can you check if you
have the same situation?

I verified this with myth and outside Myth with several different
applications (dvbsnoop etc). I also wrote some quick hackish code to fix
some of these overlaps. That fixed the problem for me and I haven't
actually checked whether overlaps or title/description corruption still
occurs.

I'd like to figure out what really is causing this and of cource to find
a proper fix for it :) Janne, I think you mentioned briefly in IRC that
one possibility would be to allow disabling of the "overlap fixing
algorithm" in eit.cpp because we now have multirec and it doesn't hurt
so much if programs have small overlapps..
--
   Otto