[mythtv] Mythvideo and fanart - minor defects

paul10 at planar.id.au paul10 at planar.id.au
Mon Mar 9 08:30:44 UTC 2009

> I recompiled and used this today - and I think found two problems:
> 1.  I set the directory I wanted it to store the fanart in through
> settings, but it seems to be still trying to store to the default.  The
> cause seems to be that the setting is written into "mythvideo.fanartDir"
> in teh settings table, but the code is looking for "VideoFanartDir".
> There are a bunch of settings that are prefixed with "mythvideo.", so I'm
> assuming this is the preference, I'll submit a defect with a patch
> attached.

I've raised a defect, http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/6333, with an
attached patch for this.

I think I fixed the core problem with fanart, but I saw some inconsistency
in the videodlg.cpp v's the data that is in the settings table.  The
settings screen seems to recognise screenshots, banners and fanart.  The
code looks to recognise fanart and videoart.  It wasn't clear to me what
videoart was in the context of the settings screen, so I suspect these two
areas of code have gotten a little out of synch.  I'm not familiar enough
with the intent to submit a patch for it.  More details are in teh defect.