[mythtv] Why MythTV didn't handle the UK Freeview lineup change

Stuart Auchterlonie stuarta at squashedfrog.net
Sun Jul 26 16:44:18 UTC 2009

John Barberio wrote:
> Gareth Glaccum wrote:
>> > why  MythTV
>> > mux, and
>>
>> Neither of my other STB/freeview decoders worked this out either. I
>> had to
>> perform full scans on both of them to 'fix' things.
>
> That's normal behaviour, and rescan after a lineup change is a routine
> operation now.
>
> The problem here is that on MythTV, a rescan didn't work.
>
> Deleting the channel, and doing a rescan didn't work.
>
> Deleting all the channels, and doing a rescan didn't work.

I'd be interested to know how this didn't work for you.
That is *exactly* what i did, and virgin1 and +1 were
working correctly.

> The only way to get 'Virgin 1' and 'Virgin +1' in the right channels was
> to delete all channels, force a database sync by running
> mythfilldatabase from the command line, and then do a rescan.

Again, what do you mean by forcing a database sync with MFDB?
Deleting the channels (using mythtv-setup) automatically removes
them from the DB which is why i'm struggling to work out why
you need to use MFDB to "sync" the channels.

Stuart