[mythtv] BluRay Subtitles...

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 15:18:36 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 8:12 AM, Daniel
Kristjansson<danielk at cuymedia.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-07-23 at 07:23 -0700, Robert McNamara wrote:
>

>>         Anyway the mpegts parser handled the language codes, so have a
>>         look in
>>         libavformat/mpegts.c to see how it handles it.  To get the
>>         subtitles
>>         going I didn't have to change anything relating to languages.
>>
>> Actually, the ffmepg mpeg TS demuxer doesn't currently successfully
>> parse the audio language tags (they all show as unknown here) so I
>> hope you might have some insight on where they might be found.  Myth
>> does some auto-track detection by language so properly parsing the ISO
>> language names would be really helpful.  No worries, thanks!
>
> I have not been following changes in avlib as of late, but at least
> last year the way we parsed the language code for atsc was by passing
> the pmt from avlib to lib/mythtv/avformatdecoder.cpp. So my first guess
> would be that an avlib merge broke this passing of pmt code, which is
> not present upstream. avlib parses some language stuff for DVB, but
> at least in the past they never supported the language descriptors used
> outside of Europe.

To be clear, ffmpeg has never (in my experience) properly identified
the ISO639 language codes from Blu-ray m2ts, I think it's just a
matter of unimplemented parsing for it in mpegts.c.  I would have some
interest in adding support for it and submitting it upstream if I had
any idea where the information was stored.  It seemed worth asking
Stephen since he seemed to have some knowledge of the m2ts subtitle
internals, which is at least sorta-kinda in the right ballpark.  :)

Robert