[mythtv] Adding support for external ffmpeg-mt library

Chase Douglas chasedouglas.lists at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 15:09:32 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 10:56 AM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi
>
> 2009/7/7 Janne Grunau <janne-mythtv at grunau.be>:
> > There two remaining issues:
> >
> > 1. XvMC playback of recordings does not work
> > 2. there seems to be an occasional problem with parsing
> >   MPEG Audio Layer 2 headers
>
> Has libavformat/mpegts.c been rewritten ?

It's been heavily changed. I hit a bunch of bugs that caused ffmpeg encoded
streams to not play in iPhone OS 3.0, and then got them merged upstream. As
I was fixing the bugs, I noticed a lot of little things here and there that
needed to be cleaned up, so with the help of one of the ffmpeg devs we
hopefully made it more correct and robust.