[mythtv] New MythTV interface announced!!

f-myth-users at media.mit.edu f-myth-users at media.mit.edu
Sun Jul 5 05:20:35 UTC 2009

    Date: Sat, 04 Jul 2009 20:39:14 -0400
    From: Daniel Kristjansson <danielk at cuymedia.net>

    > 			  We've discussed adding secure authentication
    > before, and you could write a patch for this one weekend if you just
    > read up on the subject a few nights in the proceeding week. Then just
    > add any functionality you need to the telnet interface.

Wouldn't a really fast way of adding this be to make the telnet
protocol on both ends use stunnel to actually communicate?  Seems
to me this is basically one command on each end with no coding
required; add it to the startup script and you're done.  (You
just have to make sure you've grabbed the telnet server's port
so only stunnel talks to it.)  I assume I'm missing some detail
that makes this not work, but what?