[mythtv] #6164 re-sync with libdvdnav

Matthew Wire devel at mrwire.co.uk
Tue Jan 27 20:44:32 UTC 2009

I'm currently working on a resync with the latest libdvdnav (4.1.3).  As
requested in IRC a current preview of progress is attached to ticket 6164 at http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/6164

Current bugs that I'm aware of are below.  Please report back to me any
problems you encounter and any fixes are greatfully received.
Since dvdnav is now two libs (dvdnav and dvdread) I have split it in the
source tree for ease of merging in future
(libmythdvdnav->dvdnav/dvdread).
Readme files etc. are not currently included in the patch.

Known issues:
* Framerate is currently fixed to 25fps (PAL).  If you have an NTSC dvd
you'll need to change line 1303 of DVDRingBuffer.cpp to 29.97.

* Seeking is partially broken.  It can get itself into an infinite loop
and I've not got around to working out why.  If you can work this one
out I'd be interested to know (hint: look at dvdnav_sector_search and
dvdnav_time_search).

* Subtitles/Audio languages are partially broken.  Correct ones should
play but language is not correctly detected for display.

Cheers,
Matthew