[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r19821 by nigel

Isaac Richards ijr at case.edu
Tue Jan 27 15:57:33 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 27 January 2009 10:13:29 am Jonathan Martens wrote:
> On 27-1-2009 15:54, Isaac Richards wrote:
> > On Monday 26 January 2009 10:34:29 pm mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org wrote:
> >>        Author: nigel
> >>          Date: 2009-01-27 03:34:29 +0000 (Tue, 27 Jan 2009)
> >> New Revision: 19821
> >>     Changeset: http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/19821
> >>
> >> Modified:
> >>
> >>     trunk/mythtv/libs/libavcodec/pthread.c
> >>
> >> Log:
> >>
> >> Another MinGW build fix. See #5980, #4397
> >
> > libavcodec cannot depend on stuff in libmythdb.
> >
> > Isaac
>
> What is the motivation behind this? As other libs do as well for
> instance libavformat, libmyth and libmytupnp. Are they any different?

No circular dependencies are allowed.

libavformat or libavutil cannot not depend on anything libmyth* either.
They're at the lowest level of dependencies of the libraries in myth's lib/
dir, so can't depend on anything else in there.

libmyth, libmythupnp, libmythui, and libmythtv are higher level than
libmythdb, and things there can depend on libmythdb.

compat.h does seem rather hackish to me, though.

Isaac