[mythtv] upnp and mythweb problem

Theng Kiat Ng treblid at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 04:37:38 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 12:05 PM, Nigel Pearson <nigel at ind.tansu.com.au> wrote:

> On 22/01/2009, at 10:04 AM, Theng Kiat Ng wrote:
>
>> While you're at it, do you have a uPnP player that can do video
>> playback? Does FF/REV still work 17:07 into the recording?
>
> It does for me after 50 minutes (ZenSonic 400).
MythTV recording? FF/REV works for me on DivX files but not on
recordings. IIRCTwonkyMediaServer also returned a length of 17minutes
too (I will recheck this when I get home).

if it works for you then it means it's a bug with my client. I had to
patch one file in libmythupnp to return the actual length of the
mythtv recording too (already sent the patch to the uPnP maintainer).
If I don't do this the player will stop at 30min (programme time)
instead of the actual recording time (approx 1hr).. But ff/rev still
breaks (interesting factoid about the 12bit number limit though)...

Thanks for that info, i'd pester Samsung for the fix.

> Note 2: On the DBA forum, you mentioned recording problems?
> When UPnP media is streaming, I have no
> problems with recordings starting/stopping.
> A MythFrontend cannot access them, but the recording is
> still there. Was that maybe a "slave" backend?
It's called DTV forums now. I think DBA is dead, their website don't
even work any more.

I only have one backend. When I'm watching a recording via uPnP, the
chances of a 0 byte recording become very high.

It doesn't always happen - there were two failed recordings in
December last year, all happened whilst playing back video via uPnP.
Maybe it's just a coincidence?

Regards