[mythtv] length mismatch between programinfo

Brad Templeton brad+mydev at templetons.com
Tue Jan 20 01:11:10 UTC 2009

Just compiled to lastest trunk 19741M, but noticing a few issues.  The most serious
is that when the frontend (same machine or different) attempts to load the recorded
list, it gets an error as follows:

length mismatch between programinfo
2009-01-19 17:02:52.332 SortedList is Empty

The only other reference I found to this error was some time ago, relating to old
libraries.  I do have libraries for .20 and .21 on the system, but these should
be the only ones for .22 which have ever been installed.

Underneath the empty program list it displays
        %|"SUBTITLE|"% $STARS% %DESCRIPTION%

Running on Kubuntu Hardy with qt 4.4.0 from backports.  Amd64.

The other issues:

After the frontend starts up it says "initializing mythtv" with bar at 0%.  It stays that way for
about 5 seconds, even on fast machines.   Is this a replacement for it checking if the themes
have been properly cached?

And while not a killer, I notice if I run it over local X11, as I often like to do to test out
frontends on different machines around the house, it takes a pause, as long as 10 seconds, before
each major redraw.  Ie. select a new menu item, go down a level, and wait 10 seconds for it to
display.   Only over X11 so not a killer, just annoying.  Going back up menu tree redraw is
fine.

Here is how I configure mythtv

./configure  --enable-proc-opt --enable-dvb --enable-vdpau --enable-opengl-vsync  --disable-xvmc --with-bindings=perl

Any thoughts on where to go?  Getting ready for famous mythtv-driven, two-floors-of-viewing
superbowl commercials party (fast forward over football, watch commercials.)