[mythtv] Commflagger is happed at playing vedio or recording

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Thu Jan 15 23:02:30 UTC 2009

On 15-Jan-09, at 3:48 AM, shiva kumar wrote:
> I am very much confused with Commflagger

The commflagger scans through a video to identify sections which are
likely commercials. It places this information in a database table.
Display programs like mythfrontend retrieve this info and, when they
get to a section marked as a commercial, take the action they're
configured to do - autoskip, notify or nothing.

> 1)Commflagger works at time of recording or when vedio is playing.

At time of recording or just after recording.

> 2) when commflagger is detected will the commercial will be skipped
> or what happens ?

See above.

> 3) with what can i know commericial ended ? ....

Check the corresponding database table. For which table and what
values in what column you should review the comflagger or frontend
source.

- George

P.S. Unless you're writing code you should direct this sort of
question to the -users list.