[mythtv] mythmovie grabber issue (ToS)

Josh Lefler joshlefler at leflerinc.com
Wed Jan 14 16:28:13 UTC 2009

MythMovies shells out to the grabber as an external program, then
receives back XML. It would be possible to write a sort of "MetaGrabber"
that shells out to various other grabbers then combines the results into
one XML block to be returned to MythMovies.

I'm not necessarily advocating this approach and wouldn't have a problem
with the idea of multiple grabbers in MythMovies itself, but its an
option to consider.

If someone did implement multiple grabbers in MythMovies itself, they
would need to consider what to do with multiple listings for a given
theater or movie in the various sources - especially if these entries
have conflicting data.

Josh Lefler