[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r19580 by janne

Otto Kolsi otto at kolsi.fi
Tue Jan 6 13:45:16 UTC 2009

Janne Grunau wrote:
>>> Apperently some Qt versions do replacements on the shortest match.
>>> Fixes #6072
>> Looks like you need to do the same for CAT and  CATTYPE in the same
>> query.
>
> Doh, I looked for other occurrences but missed that, thanks. OTOH I think it
> is a little bit strange that it occurs only now. I haven't seen the issue
> and it should have been a pretty common failure.
>
> Otto, with which Qt version does the error occur?

This is with Fedora 10 where Qt is coming from package: qt-4.4.3-6.fc10.i386

Something strange is still happening with EIT. Some events do not get
inserted into DB at all. Reason might NOT be the ' -character issue
which I mention in ticket #6078. Another issue is that for some
programs, title and description do not match! So e.g. later program has
the description of the earlier program.

Hopefully the CAT / CATTYPE fix will fix at least some of the remaining
issues..

By the way, it is annoying that the boolean returning from the
QSqlQuery.exec() is not false when SQL query fails due to incorrect
syntax or so. Or at least I think this is the case. If the return value
would be "right" it could be used to promote the failed SQL-query log
prints to important log level so that any errors would be discovered
earlier and easier..

These EIT issues are new now with Qt4/trunk. These were working fine
with -fixes.
--
  Otto