[mythtv] mythvideo rework / mythvideo-tool

Hans-Peter Oeri hp at oeri.ch
Thu Jan 1 23:39:54 UTC 2009

Hi!

There are currently different cli tools available for this and that. I
was thinking there might be a need for a comprehensive mythvideo-tool
("mvt"?); surely I - as a cli zealot - would love one.

I started one for myself and was collecting ideas to complement its
functionality. Now, I wonder if there  would be general interest in a
"comprehensive" cli tool. I'm thinking of:

a) insert video in db (single files or directory recursively)
b) move/rename directories containing videos (incl. db updates)
c) move/rename videos (incl. accompanying files like srt or
mplayer-tools conf files)
c1) rename with a template, like "Season $season/$season-$episode
$title.$ext" for series
d) replace a video file in the db (like after transcoding a video file)
e) update videometadata for one file (together with imdb scraper (or
equivalent))
f) update scalar metadata (like showlevel) for one or several files or
recursively
f1) update length automatically
g) delete entries
h) directory listing with videos and their inclusion status

Second, I see there is a mythvideo "rework" mentioned in the archive. I
cannot, however, find any branches related to that rework. Is there any
information available? Especially season/episode indication is what I
need personally (and in the proposed tool).

Happy New Year!
HPO