[mythtv] Mythweb

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Jan 1 16:20:17 UTC 2009

On 01/01/2009 10:03 AM, Richard Morton wrote:
> From: "Michael T. Dean"
>> On 12/31/2008 11:57 AM, Richard Morton wrote:
>>
>>> Mythweb is great as it is and Mythweb is fine for computer access to
>>> the schedules and recorded programs. however in mythweb the
>>> expectation is that the playback of the media is also on the device
>>> that you are using.
>>>
>>> What it doesn't do is allow you to review what is available but when
>>> you have selected something for that something to appear on an
>>> associated Front-end - i.e. on your TV.   Think of it as an advance
>>> remote control where you can view the EPG or recorded program list on
>>> the remote device when you click on "watch" the instruction is does
>>> not start playback on the remote device instead control commands are
>>> sent to the front end for execution (and playback).
>>>
>> Have you looked at MythWeb in SVN trunk?  IIRC, Rob has been doing some
>> work on the remote control stuff since 0.21 was released.
>>
> Thanks for this, I have found how to install it, but my system is live and I
> wouldn't like to break a working system without knowing the changes,
> stability etc. Is there a last known good version in SVN?

The changes would be in relatively recent trunk, which is past the
point-of-no-return-to-0.21.  And, patches should be done against trunk,
so if you want to make patches, you'll either need to set up a different
Myth system for development (which is very easy to do on a different
computer, and possible--if you /really/ know what you're doing--but much
more difficult to do on the -fixes Myth computer) or just run trunk on
your "production" systems.  If running trunk on the production systems,
you should really keep up with all the discussion on this (the -dev)
list as well as all the commits/tickets on -commits.

>  Is there a list of
> changes/improvements since the 0.21 version in Mythbuntu?

The commit messages are probably the best info, but there may be some
information on the wiki.

Mike