[mythtv] suggestion on development of plugin

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Fri Feb 13 07:58:34 UTC 2009

* On Thu Feb 12, 2009 at 08:23:55PM +0530, shiva kumar wrote:
> Hai all,
>
> i want to develop a plugin i developed my qt part of that please can you
> tell me how to convert to xml(-ui.xml) file
> i gone through most links of mythtv.org and example also please suggest me
> more....... more of -ui.xml

There's a script in the contrib directory called
ConvertMyQtPlugin2XML.sh.  Make sure you are using bash, the current
version of this script is incompatible with ksh, tcsh, and plain old sh.
There is a project underway to create ConvertMyQtProgram2XML_v2.0.sh,
but that is proceeding a bit slowly right now due to an inefficiency in
the reverse parsing portion of the code.  We're trying to release
ConvertMyXML2QtPlugin_v2.0.sh at the same time as
ConvertMyQtPlugin2XML_v2.0.sh, but may end up just being able to do the
former in order to meet our aggressive schedule.  If this happens,
ConvertMyXML2QtPlugin_v2.0.sh will be released in late Q2 of 2009.  The
idea is to be able to do this (all on one line):

cat /usr/local/share/mythtv/plugins//myQtPlugin.so | ConvertMyQtPlugin2XML.sh |
	ConvertMyXML2QtPlugin_v2.0.sh > /tmp/myQtPlugin.so

The goal would be that /usr/local/share/mythtv/plugins/myQtPlugin.so and
/tmp/myQtPlugin.so would be byte-perfect copies of each other.  As you can
see, this is a daunting task, but something we're willing to tackle because
we have nothing better to do with our time.

> to work on Live Tv which files should i look in to in myth folders ( so to
> become easy and familiar)

Try looking at:

	mythtv/libs/libmyth*/*.cpp
	mythtv/libs/libmyth*/*.c

and maybe a few of

	mythtv/libs/libmyth*/*.h

Also some of

	mythtv/programs/myth*end/*.cpp   and
	mythtv/programs/myth*end/*.h

There's also a little bit in

	mythtv/programs/mythcommflag/*.cpp

There's probably more that I've forgotten.  You might be better off just
running the following command to find the files you're looking for:

	find ./ -type f | xargs grep -i tv

That will give you a pretty concise list of all the files you should be
looking for.

--
Chris (grumpy at ~3AM) Pinkham