[mythtv] Ongoing struggle of bug 4989

Jelle De Loecker skerit at kipdola.com
Thu Feb 5 11:20:56 UTC 2009

Op dinsdag 03-02-2009 om 15:15 uur [tijdzone -0500], schreef Michael T.
Dean:
> On 02/03/2009 01:20 PM, Jelle De Loecker wrote:
> > Good evening everyone,
> >
> > Some of us are still struggling with bug 4989:
> > http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/4989
> >
> > I'm not sure what to do now, the bug has been closed because apparently
> > "it's a feature request".
> >
> > I understand this is low priority, as it only affects a few people, but
> > to call it a feature request is nearly making fun of our situation
> >

> No, it's simply acknowledging that there's a perfectly usable approach
> for doing what you want that requires no new code.
>
> Best approach:
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/342420#342420
>
> No new code required.

I thank you for taking the time to write all of that down, it's a nice
temporal workaround for some people, but you must understand that this
is not a usable, permanent, fix.
As you said, in this setup, 2 seperate tuners could be locked to the
same multiplex, which is completely inefective.

I'm not asking anyone to fix it for us, but at least acknowledge that
this is not the way it should behave and leave the bug open shouldn't be
too much to ask.

Btw, I just noticed another Multirec bug made by janne:
http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/5998
It doesn't tackle this problem directly, but could fix it "down the
line". I'll ask what he/she has in mind for it, otherwise I'm thinking
about creating a bounty for this.

Greetings,
Jelle De Loecker