[mythtv] Improved search function with autocomplete/autosuggest (was Re: Ideas for MythMusic rewrite)

Dan Wilga mythtv-dev2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu
Thu Dec 31 15:14:02 UTC 2009

On 30-12-2009 21:19, Jonathan Martens wrote:
>Search through tracks, artists and the like by keying in the letter, but
>not only the first. I would really love a kind of auto-complete, e.g.
>when I cue in P I might get:
>
>Pearl Jam
>Pigeon Detectives
>PJ Harvey
>
>When I cue in E after that I only have Pearl Jam.

I second this feature, though I'd actually find it more useful in
Watch Recordings. I waste a huge amount of time trying to find a
particular episode by subtitle from the 100 or so episodes of Curious
George I've amassed for my kid.

So I guess I'm requesting that, if you do write it, it be done in
such a way that it could be implemented in other areas of the code,
as well, and not tied to just Music.