[mythtv] Improved search function with autocomplete/autosuggest (was Re: Ideas for MythMusic rewrite)

Jonathan Martens jonathan at snetram.nl
Wed Dec 30 20:19:43 UTC 2009

On 30-12-2009 13:53, Paul Harrison wrote:
> We'll probably regret this but we would like your opinions :-)  We are
> in the process of  switching MythMusic to MythUI and would like to take
> the opportunity to make some much needed improvements to the interface.

A would really like a better search funcionality, for instance:

Search through tracks, artists and the like by keying in the letter, but
not only the first. I would really love a kind of auto-complete, e.g.
when I cue in P I might get:

Pearl Jam
Pigeon Detectives
PJ Harvey

When I cue in E after that I only have Pearl Jam.

Although this preferably could be limited to starting from the front
this might also be useful looking through whole artist names, perhaps it
can also be used to search through videos, recordings and the like.

Kind regards,

Jonathan