[mythtv] Ideas for MythMusic rewrite

Matt White whitem at arts.usask.ca
Wed Dec 30 19:59:05 UTC 2009

On 09-12-30 11:11 AM, Stuart Auchterlonie wrote:
> On 30/12/2009 12:53, Paul Harrison wrote:
>> We'll probably regret this but we would like your opinions :-) We are
>> in the process of switching MythMusic to MythUI and would like to take
>> the opportunity to make some much needed improvements to the interface.
>>

> DJ Mode:
>
> Essentially cut the screen in two, and in one half
> have the list of tunes queued up to play, and in the
> other half your music library, which you can easily
> add items to the end of the current playlist.
>
> In the current playlist half it should be easy to
> delete items and reorder them (a bit like the xmms
> playlist)

That's a fantastic idea...

I have had an idea floating around for a while to add some kind of
web-based API to be able to manage playlists and query the music library
(this didn't exist in there the last time I looked - if someone has
added it since, just ignore me).

Once the API is available, it would be trivial to put together a web
interface for playlist management where you could drag songs out of the
library into the playlist, drag them out of the playlist, or drag them
around to change the order.

As Stuart said, I'd like to use this for parties.  Most of my guests
have been able to figure out the current MythMusic system to add music
and such, but it is a slow process.  If I could just have a notebook (or
netbook) sitting there with a nice interface, it would be much more
party friendly.

Obviously, this isn't a UI feature, though - it would work in parallel
with the normal UI.  It's something I intend to look at as soon as I
have some free time, particularly if there are others that would be
interested in something like this.

--
Matt White
whitem at arts.usask.ca