[mythtv] Ideas for MythMusic rewrite

Paul Harrison mythtv at sky.com
Wed Dec 30 12:53:59 UTC 2009

We'll probably regret this but we would like your opinions :-)  We are
in the process of  switching MythMusic to MythUI and would like to take
the opportunity to make some much needed improvements to the interface.

We don't necessarily  just want a list of feature requests, although
every idea will be considered, but also how they should be implemented,
what the interface should look like etc. If you can provide mock ups of
how it should look or links to images of how other players do things
then all the better.

You should bear in mind the limitations of keeping the interface usable
on a TV using a remote control and where possible using the existing
widgets available in MythUI.

Our goal is not to implement every idea from the start but to make sure
the final plan is flexible enough to at least be extended with the best
ideas in the future.

Paul H.