[mythtv] Newbie question: how to install on remote frontend?

Chris Dennis cgdennis at btinternet.com
Sun Dec 27 11:07:35 UTC 2009

Hello folks

I'm new to the SVN version of mythtv, and can't find an answer to this

I've got a mythtv 0.22 backend working well.  The frontend runs on a VIA
C3-based motherboard, and has various issues, so I'm trying to get the
latest SVN version running on it so that I can work on some improvements.

On the backend, I've checked out the SVN source and compiled it
successfully.  (The frontend isn't powerful enough to do its own
compiling).  If I copy the compiled mythfrontend executable to the
frontend PC and try to run it, it complains about having the wrong
versions of myth libraries.

So, the question is: How do I install the new mythfrontend on the
frontend machine?  Or to put it another way: Which files do I need to
copy from the SVN directories to the frontend?

Chris Dennis                                  cgdennis at btinternet.com
Fordingbridge, Hampshire, UK