[mythtv] Fwd: [mythtv-users] choppy playback on new danish dvb channels

Kenni Lund kenni at kelu.dk
Wed Dec 23 00:22:16 UTC 2009

2009/12/22 Taylor Ralph <tralph11 at yahoo.com>:

>> Your problem might also be related to ticket #7481
>> which uses an upstream FFmpeg change to fix a similar
>> problem. Please test the patch there and let us know.
>> >
>> > http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/7481
>>
>> Yes, I can confirm that using this patch together with
>> "mythtv_ffmpeg_r20504.diff" indeed fixes the issue :) Any
>> chance we'll
>> see these in 0.22-fixes?
>>
>> Thanks for the hint...
>>
>> Best Regards
>> Kenni Lund
>>

> Thanks for the update. Sorry but I don't know if any of the upstream FFmpeg changes are going to be backported.

Out of curiosity; How can this be? Is the upstream FFmpeg sourcecode
change too risky to be considered "stable"?

When I upgraded to 0.22 I decided to compile it myself from 0.22-fixes
in order to debug and eliminate all bugs, so I after a while would end
up with a completely stable MythTV system. But if some of the major
bugfixes not even makes it into 0.22-fixes, this will be a neverending
battle from a users perspective...I'll then have to start all over
again with 0.23 and cross my fingers that no new bugs gets
introduced... :-/

Best Regards
Kenni Lund