[mythtv] Streaming Audio In MythMusic

Micah F. Galizia micahgalizia at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 01:29:51 UTC 2009

On 09-12-13 03:54 PM, Warpme wrote:
> Micah,
>
> Indeed theme mod resolve issue with crash.
> Now I'm able to play streams.
> All this looks very promising.
> According to Your dev plans - is it possible to add artist/song info
> during play.
> I frequently listen Chronix Metal radio (http://205.188.215.225:8010) in
> MythStream.
> Launching it in mythmusic gives:

Greetings,

This version plays streams that do not have a file extension.  I had to
update the avfdecoder so that it actually tries to initialize the stream
instead of just checking the the file extension to determine if the
stream is supported. This doesn't seem to affect playback performance on
local files.

Features still outstanding:
- M3U/ASF playlist support
- Getting metadata from the stream (where streams support it).  The
stream mentioned above played with mplayer has station and song information.

Cheers!

PS: if anyone has any suggestions or comments, I'd love to hear back!
--
Micah F. Galizia
micahgalizia at gmail.com

"The mark of an immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause,
while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for
one."   --W. Stekel