[mythtv] Streaming Audio In MythMusic

Micah F. Galizia micahgalizia at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 20:07:22 UTC 2009

On 09-12-11 12:53 PM, Warpme wrote:
> Micah,
>
> Really nice idea and job.
>
> I patched my 0.22-fixes 22957, compiled.
> So far:
>
> -compiles OK
> -I'm able to add streams (but only those having file-like end of URL. If
> stream is http://<IP>:<port> - after pressing OK in add dialog, stream
> not appears in list)

Yes. I need to add a popup when adding the stream fails because the
decoder cannot open it. However, the way I currently test streams with a
decoder is wrong, so this will change in a future patch.

> -Added stream can be edited
> -Launching mythmusic shows "All My Music", "All My Playlists" but no
> "All My Streams". (maybe I'm misusing mythmusic streams extension (?) or
> it is issue of theme - I'm using blue-abstract-wide. Your hint is needed
> here)
> -Going into playlists edit shows "All Internet Streams" list entry.
> Choosing it unfortunately causes segfault.
> Log shows following:
>
> 2009-12-11 18:39:13.990 XMLParse: LoadTheme using
> '/usr/share/mythtv/themes/blue-graphite/music-ui.xml'
> 2009-12-11 18:39:14.223 MSqlQuery::exec() "SELECT data FROM settings
> WHERE value = 'AutoLookupCD' AND hostname = 'FE-Test' ;"
> terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::out_of_range'
> what(): vector::_M_range_check

When I use that theme I get the same problem, but not just with stream
selection. Even with normal music a crash occurs when you try to view
the leaf nodes -- in the case of "All My Music", this would be the song
titles.  I have no idea why this is happening, but even without my
change applied this crash occurs. You or I should probably file a bug
with this issue.

If you want to hear the radio stream with the blue-abstract-wide theme,
you can just check the "All Internet Streams" item, which will add the
streams to your active playlist so you can play them.
--
Micah F. Galizia
micahgalizia at gmail.com

"The mark of an immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause,
while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for
one."   --W. Stekel