[mythtv] Compilation under OS/X 10.6

Stephen Hocking stephen.hocking at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 02:22:10 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I 've managed to do this with the tweaks mentioned in the
osx-packager.pl script, plus a couple of my own. The first was to edit
.osx-packager/src/mythtv-svn/mythtv/libs/libswscale/rgb2rgb_template.c
and add the two lines

#undef MMX
#undef MMX2

after the includes. The disable-mmx option for mythtv in
osx-packager.pl didn't seem to turn this off.

The second was to add the option --disable-firewire to the config for
mythtv in osx-packager.pl. I have tested the frontend and it seems to
work quite well. All the plugins seemed to build too.

I'm planning on trying to build it with the gcc-4.4 built by fink at
some stage in the future. Perhaps that will get rid of the asm
blowups.

    Stephen