[mythtv] MythPhone - any ongoing activities on this?

Blazej Lewcio blazej.lewcio at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 2 23:13:30 UTC 2009

Very interesting,  I'll check this.

There are two main arguments why I proposed the lib:

1. Existing experience. It would be relative easy for me to build the engine
using this library. The lib offers already the complete VoIP stack, is well
programmed and documented. As a result  the plugin could be build of 3 main
parts: 1) VoIP Engine, 2) contact list management  in the database 3) OSD
(with pictures of the callers :))

2. Resources = spare time. The D-Bus idea would make the project _probably_
much bigger, which I'll be not able to handle on my own. However, making the
plugin modular would allow to exchange the engine in the future.

Thanks for your feedback,
Blazej