[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r21606 - in trunk/mythtv by markk

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Mon Aug 31 17:45:07 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-08-31 at 19:23 +0200, Jonathan Martens wrote:
> On 31-8-2009 9:53, mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org wrote:
> >        Author: markk
> >          Date: 2009-08-31 07:53:52 +0000 (Mon, 31 Aug 2009)
> > New Revision: 21606
> >     Changeset: http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/21606
> > MingW/win32 compilation fixes following r21591.
>
> Thanks a lot for applying some fixes however I still have some issues
> building, which I have not been able to tackle.
> They all appeared in r21591 as I am able to successfully build r21590,
> but all afterward fail with the below errors.

<snip>
AFAICT these are due to compat.h not being included in mythsocket.h

I've fixed a couple of these in [21611] by getting replacing bzero
with memset, which is available on all platforms.

compat.h should never have been included in mythsocket.h, nor really
in any other header file. This is especially true of header files
exported for plugins.

You can fix header files by extracting just the bit needed from
compat.h for that header file, cpp files that depended on
mythsocket.h including compat.h can explicitly include it.

BTW That error log does not look correct for a post [21606] compile,
are you sure svn up took?

-- Daniel