[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r21563 by nigel

Simon Kenyon simon at koala.ie
Fri Aug 28 14:13:34 UTC 2009

mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org wrote:
>       Author: nigel
>         Date: 2009-08-28 11:03:33 +0000 (Fri, 28 Aug 2009)
> New Revision: 21563
>    Changeset: http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/21563
>
> Modified:
>
>    trunk/mythplugins/mythmusic/mythmusic/dbcheck.cpp
>
> Log:
>
> Prompt for schema upgrades, to give users more testing flexibility.
> (e.g. new frontend non-destructively against old backend)

i know this is a feature request without a patch
but i would code it up if it was considered worthy of inclusion

euby on rails has a concept of db migrations
the difference between what they do and what we do is that you can go
back as well as forward

doe people hopping between versions this might be a win
--
simon