[mythtv] mythvideo list view oddities

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 18:11:00 UTC 2009

On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 11:07 AM, David Asher<asherml at gmail.com> wrote:

> Oh, so it was only incorrect for a short time.  I was confused what correct
> behavior was.

Interesting behavior that I haven't seen.  Not explicitly *wrong*, but
funny none the less.

> Right after the metadata grab it switches to just "$SUBTITLE", then after
> moving to another button it switches to "$TITLE $SEASONx$EPISODE -
> $SUBTITLE"
>
> In my case the list view looks like $TITLE -> Season $SEASON -> <the button
> I was talking about>, so having just $SUBTITLE made sense to me, and the
> correct behavior adds a lot of redundant information -- though ideally I
> would prefer to see SnnEnn - $SUBTITLE on the button.
>
> The formatting of the filenames and text for the mythvideo TV episodes keeps
> coming up over and over again, seems like it might be a good idea to
> consolidate into a group of settings in the database that all the metadata
> grabbers (jamu, mythvidexport.py, etc) and the mythvideo pages could use.
>  Presumably an option after the 0.22 release.

All planned, and all a part of making the list view more themeable.
Personally I prefer that it be controlled by the theme rather than YAS
(Yet Another Setting).  Much will get done before .23 as this is all
my primary focus, but it will probably take a few revisions before we
find a nice balance of usability, versatility, and themeability.

Robert