[mythtv] problems with a SBE connecting to a MBE

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Thu Aug 27 14:50:17 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-08-27 at 15:03 +0100, Simon Kenyon wrote:
> so i ran the MBE, SBE and the frontend under gdb and it appears that the
> SBE says it is running as an SBE, but does not seem to connect to the MBE
>
> is this a known problem?

Yes, it's a socket handling problem. It exists in 0.21-fixes too, it
has just become more prevalent now due to changes in the Linux kernel
and a QTimer broken by the Qt4 port. I'm working on it and mostly
referencing #6516 as I make changes.

You might want to try the latest patch on #6595 it addresses one of
the reconnect paths for a slave backend. I haven't tested it yet
because I got rid of my slave backends due to this problem shortly
after I upgraded my ubuntu installs from 804 to 904.

-- Daniel