[mythtv] [mpeg2video @ 0xXXXXXXXXXXXX]Missing picture start code

Joe Ripley vitaminjoe at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 16:39:24 UTC 2009

On Sat, Aug 22, 2009 at 8:02 AM, Joe Ripley<vitaminjoe at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 22, 2009 at 4:05 AM, Janne Grunau<janne-mythtv at grunau.be> wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm seeing a lot of this too.  I think its generated by mythcommflag
>>> (I have mythcommflag set to run while mythbackend is recording).
>>>
>>> Not sure if this problem shows up when mythcommflag is set to flag
>>> commercials AFTER the recording is complete...  Still 5,051,188 bytes
>>> of spam in only 3 days is kind of annoying.
>>
>> could you please test if still happens if you run mythcommflag after the
>> recording has finished and update http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/6729
>>
>> I can't reproduce this.
>
> Sure thing... I'll let you know later today.

I tried updating the ticket, but it's locked. :(  Anyway, this is what
I was going to say:

I just updated my installation to r21435.

I usually flag commercials while the recording is in progress.  As
suggested, I set 'AutoCommflagWhileRecording' to '0' and tested it out
by scheduling a recording and waiting for it to finish.  Still saw the
error message (although, not nearly as many).

The errors also pop up when the backend is grabbing a preview pixmap.

The errors show up on whichever backend is running the mythcommflag
job, or whichever backend is generating the preview pixmap.

I've attached a couple logs to illustrate.

--
Joe Ripley
vitaminjoe at gmail.com