[mythtv] win32 fails to compile r21232: error in mythsocket

Jonathan Martens jonathan at snetram.nl
Wed Aug 12 19:20:43 UTC 2009

On 12-8-2009 20:49, Jonathan Martens wrote:
> On 12-8-2009 20:45, Jonathan Martens wrote:
>> Could this be due to any of the recent changes to mythsocket? I have
>> been able to succesfully compile at least to r21167 IIRC, the only
>> change in between that that touched mythsocket was r21231.
>>
>> Will try and see if I can compile r21230.
>
> It seems to pass mythsocket.cpp without referenced error when compiling
> r21230.

While having a look at the changes again I think the problem is with the
implementation of the LOC macro which references socket.

Since socket is an unknown object in MythSocketTread all references to
LOC in MythSocketThread::run(void) fail, commenting them out solves the
compile problem.

I am not sure why the VERBOSE messages are setup like this so I can not
supply a valid patch at the moment, but perhaps Daniel can have a look
at it since he committed the changes.

Kind regards,

Jonathan