[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r21156 - in trunk/mythtv by cpinkham

Jonathan Martens jonathan at snetram.nl
Sat Aug 8 13:34:54 UTC 2009

On 8-8-2009 13:12, Stuart Morgan wrote:
> On Saturday 08 Aug 2009 11:48:19 Jonathan Martens wrote:
>> But after that hack I keep running into this problem when compiling
>> mythbackend:
>>
>> playbacksock.cpp:151: error: no 'int laybackSock::DeleteFileA(QString)'
>> memberfunction declared in class 'PlaybackSock'
>> make[2]: *** [playbacksock.o] Error 1
>> make[2]: Leaving directory `/u/mythtv/mythtv/programs/mythbackend'
>> make[1]: *** [sub-mythbackend-make_default] Error 2
>> make[1]: Leaving directory `/u/mythtv/mythtv/programs'
>> make: *** [sub-programs-make_default-ordered] Error 2
>>
>> Although it is there in the playbacksock.cpp and .h file.
>>
>> Any pointers?
>
> Looks like a corrupt checkout. Try deleting those files and running svn up
> again.
> "laybackSock" instead of PlaybackSock!
> "DeleteFileA" instead of Delete File!

The "DeleteFileA" message is really there although no reference to it is
in the source.

The "laybackSock" is most likely due to reformatting this message (one
deleted charachter to many), here is the original, without editing for
readability or funky line endings:

playbacksock.cpp:151: error: no 'int PlaybackSock::DeleteFileA(QString)'
member
function declared in class 'PlaybackSock'
make[2]: *** [playbacksock.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/u/mythtv/mythtv/programs/mythbackend'
make[1]: *** [sub-mythbackend-make_default] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/u/mythtv/mythtv/programs'
make: *** [sub-programs-make_default-ordered] Error 2
bash-3.1$

While thinking a little about it I remembered that I have seen the
suffix A mostly when a function is also a function in the windows C++
library, this is the case for the DeleteFile function
(http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa363915%28VS.85%29.aspx)

After renaming all occurrences from DeleteFile to DelFile compile
succeeds, without any modifications what so ever, not even the patch
provided in an earlier message in this thread... strange.

Kind regards,

Jonathan