[mythtv] mythtv-dev list

jam jam at tigger.ws
Wed Aug 5 01:08:53 UTC 2009

Hi

I needed some user info, so I went to the support page
http://www.mythtv.org/support/
and lo what they say clearly contradicts the general tone, held by this list
about who and what should be posted to the user and to the dev lists:

MythTV-users
    Usually less on-topic than the more technical mythtv-dev list described
below, this is a place for users to discuss hardware setups, configuration
problems, etc. It's a fairly busy list, but is the first place that we
recommend you look if you are interested in learning more about MythTV and/or
getting involved with its user community. Here is the mailing list archive for
MythTV-users.

MythTV-dev
    General discussion about the development of MythTV. This list is used by
both developers and users, and usually contains discussions that focus on the
technical workings and development of MythTV and its plugins. Go here for a
searchable mailing list archive.  MythTV-commits

Perhaps rewording that would help to achieve the differentiation that you folk
strive to achieve!

James