[mythtv] New Protocol Development

Marc Randolph mrand at pobox.com
Sun Sep 28 11:52:05 UTC 2008

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 8:55 PM, Rob Smith <kormoc at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 12:50 PM, Marc Randolph <mrand at pobox.com> wrote:
>> Or how about enhancing Mythweb (random idea: use AJAX?)
>> and make the front-end interact as if it were a web browser?
>
> Erm... and the current AJAX stuff doesn't count?

Howdy Rob,

What I should have said was "use AJAX in the same way gmail does".

The current Mythweb appears to refetch/reload the entire page on each
mouse click, which isn't the best thing to do from an interactivity
standpoint.  Example: go to upcoming page when you have a number of
pages of number of upcoming recordings.  Click "Don't record" on one.
Sometimes it takes a considerable period of time to (haven't yet tried
to figure out why it takes so long - but this is on a 2.2 GHz C2D, so
I don't think its cpu utilization).

But my idea is that any page on Mythweb which has a list of
information (recording schedules, upcoming recordings, recorded
programs, etc) should look like Gmail, with it's various options to do
different things to many checked items.  Usability would be greatly
increased.

Anyone aware of something like that being worked on by anyone?

Thanks,

   Marc