[mythtv] upnp video groupings

xavier hervy xavier.hervy at bluebottle.com
Fri Sep 26 15:03:30 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-09-24 at 13:19 -0300, Greg Estabrooks wrote:
> > 9 month ago (http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/15257) the table
>
> No, unless you are also changing things to auto update videometadata
> as a backend process instead of the current manually frontend process. Then
> sure go ahead. In fact I'd prefer to see something like that happen anyway :)
On other option could be to create a mythvideoscanner program on
mythvideo plugin using the same library and run it with the housekeeper
or cron?
The housekeeper would have to be modify as it is meant to run once a
day.

A lot of users ask how to manually scan for new videos, this solution
could solve this problem too and mythweb could use it as well.
Any thought ?
Is there any other ways to schedule task from myth ?

Xavier