[mythtv] QoObject Thread Error in mythtv-setup

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Fri Sep 26 04:34:43 UTC 2008

Nigel Pearson wrote:

>> New download of SVN 18425. mythtv-setup fails with:

>> /usr/local/share/mythtv/themes/default/base.xml
>> QObject: Cannot create children for a parent that is in a different
>> thread.
>> (Parent is QProcess(0x9f5a65c), parent's thread is QThread(0x93e5910),
>

> Geoff, I tried with several rebuilds today
> (18430 and newer), but could not reproduce.
> Assuming I have a compatible OS to run it on,
> can you provide a download link?

Well maybe it was one of those transient things.....

First thing in the morning, I'll pull down a newer SVN set and try that.

This is on the desktop machine at work, which may be a little
differently set up. But I don't think so. Major difference is that it
has an nvidia 6200 card. Heck, I'll run my dependencies script and make
sure that it's got all 'right stuff' (TM) (the new qt(4) stuff). It is
possible that it doesn't have that, since the version it had before was
somewhere back about 16025, pre-dating the switchover.

Geoff