[mythtv] upnp video groupings

Greg Estabrooks greg at phaze.org
Wed Sep 24 16:19:16 UTC 2008

> 9 month ago (http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/15257) the table
> videometadata have been replace by a very uncomplete upnpmedia table

 The upnpmedia is not a replacement at all. It's just a automatically
updating seperate list. Technically the backend has no concept
of the videometadata table as it's only used by the frontend
plugin.

videometadata is only updated when someone goes into the video manager
and scans for videos, which is not ideal for most users
when they just want to drop a file into place and have it "magically"
appear on their upnp player.

> Is the compatibility for the Xbox360 justify a new table and less

 The upnpmedia table has nothing specifically to do with the xbox360 at all.
It's just a temporary storage location. If mythvideo were
automatically scanning for videos on it's own then the table could disappear.
But you also have to them consider that the upnp media is being served by
the backend and not the frontend which actually runs mythvideo.

> Is it possible to revert back ?

No, unless you are also changing things to auto update videometadata
as a backend process instead of the current manually frontend process. Then
sure go ahead. In fact I'd prefer to see something like that happen anyway :)