[mythtv] FFmpeg sync

John P Poet jppoet at gmail.com
Sat Sep 20 22:45:45 UTC 2008

On Sat, Sep 20, 2008 at 8:41 AM, Janne Grunau <janne-mythtv at grunau.be> wrote:
> On Wednesday 17 September 2008 20:32:54 Janne Grunau wrote:
>>
>> the H.264 loop filter causes reliable crashes for interlaced streams.
>> This is unfortunately not reproduceable in ffmpeg. A fix/workaround
>> exist but I'm not sure if it is correct.
>
> updated patch, contains above mentioned patch:
>
> http://www.grunau.be/mythtv_ffmpeg_sync_15261_18339.diff.bz2
>

> Janne

Gave this latest patch a spin.

Good news, I have not had it crash with 1080i material since.  Note,
that I also applied Erik's patches.

Bad news, picture quality is poor.  Lots of macro-blocking when ever I
jump around.  I also have to go with a "low power" de-interlacer
because my machine is not fast enough to use greedy or yadif with
HD-PVR 1080i material, and that definitely hurts the video quality.

Also, the audio is not synced with the video, and skipping back a
little does not fix it, like it does with 720p material.

Thanks for all of your hard work, Janne.

John
--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?