[mythtv] Proposed work on MythVideo - Re-tool video-manager forlarge libraries, Add the concept of a 'series'

Andreas linuxdreas at dslextreme.com
Thu Sep 18 19:13:27 UTC 2008

Am Donnerstag, 18. September 2008 10:23:25 schrieb xavier hervy:
> On Thu, 2008-09-18 at 13:11 -0400, Matt S. wrote:
> > On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 1:07 PM, Joe Ripley <vitaminjoe at gmail.com>
wrote:

> > > I think the current incarnation of MythVideo already has this... it's
> > > called 'Categories'.  You can assign each video to a given category
> > > and then filter based on that.
> >
> > Joe - can you assign multiple categories to a single video (n:1) or is
> > it a 1:1 assignment?
>
> 1:1

The infrastructure in the database is there to support multiple categories
for each video: the table videogenre holds an index of all genres, and
videometadatagenre hasa  row for the video id and a row for the category
(genre) id. AFAIK, multiple categories / tagging is not supported in the
GUI, though.

--
Gruß
Andreas