[mythtv] Proposed work on MythVideo - Re-tool video-manager forlarge libraries, Add the concept of a 'series'

Matt S. skd5aner at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 17:39:44 UTC 2008

On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 1:23 PM, xavier hervy
<xavier.hervy at bluebottle.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-09-18 at 13:11 -0400, Matt S. wrote:
>> >
>> > I think the current incarnation of MythVideo already has this... it's
>> > called 'Categories'.  You can assign each video to a given category
>> > and then filter based on that.
>> >

>> Joe - can you assign multiple categories to a single video (n:1) or is
>> it a 1:1 assignment?
>>
> 1:1

That's what I thought... However, it would be nice to include
"tagging" with an n:1 ration so that you could look up movies that fit
multiple categories.  A single move could be tagged "Suspense",
"Favorite", "AwardWinner", "etc".  That's the beauty of tagging, and I
think it was brought up as one of the things San was working on.

Anyway - I know this is the dev list, and unfortunately, I don't have
a patch so I'll just leave it at that and hope that maybe a dev will
take up the challenge of picking up where San left off (or maybe San
will come back around and pick up where he left off).

Thanks!
Matt