[mythtv] Windows program to launch player

Paul mylists at wilsononline.id.au
Wed Sep 17 11:42:44 UTC 2008

Re: Windows program to launch player  [In reply to]
2008/9/17 Nigel Pearson <nigel[at]ind.tansu.com.au>:
 >> I'm looking for some advise to build a simple windows program which
 >> displays current
 >> recordings and launches a player.
 > Any UPnP client should let you do this.
 > I have been using XBMC (there are now
 > MacOSX, Windows and Linux builds).

Actually, XBMC has support for playing back Myth recordings (And
managing/deleting them) natively. You need to add an entry to your
"Sources.xml" in the format:

It's in beta now, but fairly stable. There's no Commercial Skip, and
no EPG. Commercial skip should be coming soon, but the EPG etc is
waiting on a GSoC project.
Robert "Anaerin" Johnston
mythtv-dev mailing list

so this is the version located on there website: http://xbmc.org/download/

So this version can connect to MythTV via this http stream?