[mythtv] Mythfrontend Telnet X Events

Yolan yolanother at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 20:14:50 UTC 2008

Yep. Actually I do all development for the python version on my linux laptop
without the scratchbox environment and then copy changes over to my n800
when I finish them. It also currently runs in Windows. I have a faster c++
version that I am developing in parallel for linux arm based devices as
well. With a bit of recompiling that will run on desktop systems also.

Yolan

On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 2:38 PM, Colin Guthrie <mythtv at colin.guthr.ie>wrote:

> Yolan wrote:
> > Yes, I've tried out mythetomer. I have two problems with it. Correct me
> > if I'm wrong, but from what I've noticed playing with it so far you
> > cannot add buttons or different pages for more buttons. The other
> > problem I have with it is that it is very plain GTK looking. I like apps
> > like this to be flashy. The MythRemote app I'm working on is designed to
> > look and feel more like the mymote app for the iPhone. The remote I'm
> > working on is very customizable as well as skinnable. I have some
> > screenshots of what I have done so far at
> >
> http://www.doubtech.com/development/software/projects/index.php?project=35
>
> Quick question, as this seems to be python based (pygame in the title is
> the giveaway!!), will this run on regular desktops too? I could do with
> a nice screenlet style app that does this :)
>
> Col
>
> --
>
> Colin Guthrie
> myth(at)colin.guthr.ie