[mythtv] Mythfrontend Telnet X Events

Yolan yolanother at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 13:29:42 UTC 2008

Yes, I've tried out mythetomer. I have two problems with it. Correct me if
I'm wrong, but from what I've noticed playing with it so far you cannot add
buttons or different pages for more buttons. The other problem I have with
it is that it is very plain GTK looking. I like apps like this to be flashy.
The MythRemote app I'm working on is designed to look and feel more like the
mymote app for the iPhone. The remote I'm working on is very customizable as
well as skinnable. I have some screenshots of what I have done so far at
http://www.doubtech.com/development/software/projects/index.php?project=35

Yolan

On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 6:20 PM, Erik Hovland <erik at hovland.org> wrote:

> > I've created this patch based on fixes 18207 that adds support for
> sending
> > keyboard commands to a focused X window. I've been writing a MythRemote
> for
> > my n800 internet tablet and I'm using the Mythfrontend telnet control for
> > sending commands to my frontend.
>
> Have you seen mythetomer?
> http://netti.nic.fi/~icewood/mythetomer/index.php<http://netti.nic.fi/%7Eicewood/mythetomer/index.php>

> --