[mythtv] MythVideo and IMDb

Marc Randolph mrand at pobox.com
Wed Sep 10 14:57:51 UTC 2008

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 9:39 AM, Greg Estabrooks <greg at phaze.org> wrote:
>>      There is an MCE plugin similar to mythvideo. They have their own
>> database and they seem to be willing to allow other people to use it.
>> This is MyMovies. Has anyone thought of contacting them?
>

>  Do you have any links to anything mentioning that they use the MyMovies
> database? I've spent a few minutes looking over the site and don't
> see any mention of accessing their info, nor third party apps using it.
>
> If it's a viable option I'd love to see us look into it.

This may be what the OP was referring to:
http://wiki.mymovies.dk/Using%20My%20Movies%20Data%20(Developers).ashx

Are the terms something that MythTV could live with:

Terms
    * The data may only be used for non-commercial purposes only. If
you would like to use the data for commercial purposes, please contact
support at mymovies.dk. This means that you may not use My Movies data in
commercial programs.. The only exception to this rule is when a user
manually uses the export feature in My Movies, in which case, the user
may use the exported data for all personal purposes, including imports
to other programs, commercial or non-commercial.
    * The data may only be used on devices owned by the user or the
household from which the data was exported on or the database was
accessed. This means that you may transfer the data to other devices,
such as handheld devices, but only as long as these devices is owned
by the original user, and the data is not transferred further.
    * The data may not be redistributed, shared, or in any way used in
ways that cannot be referred to as personal usage by the original
user. This means that using the data on websites, services or similar
is strictly forbidden.

    Marc