[mythtv] are there any early previews of new UI?

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Mon Sep 8 15:29:40 UTC 2008

On Thu, Sep 04, 2008 at 03:11:00PM +0100, Stuart Morgan wrote:
> On Thursday 04 September 2008 14:15:47 jam wrote:
> > Talking about the new UI, I recently lost a convert back to Winders.
> > Mythtv performance was so jerky that he reverted
> >
> > Hardware was a dual-core pentium on an IBM so what ever their current
> > graphics hardware is um 945 tumbles to mind. The tuner was a Dvico DVB.
> <snip>
> > What can we do to improve basic performance, before we concentrate on
> > making it glitzy?
>
> I'm going to lay money that MythTV was not to blame, but rather it was a
> configuration issue, probably with the system itself.

    He might have had problems with some of the more recently configured
defaults. When I upgraded to 0.22, I had similar issues with similar
hardware. It took me a bit to figure them out. Perhaps this person just
wasn't that patient. I can kind of sympathize since this wasn't an issue
in the previous version.

> There are people out there running MythTV with no problems on single core,
> 700Mhz CPUs and GPUs equally old with zero problems.

    Since sorting out my playback profiles, I only have problems on that
"mac mini" style hardware when trying to play back Hauppauge 1212 captures.